“Seed, Soil, and Sun” Spring Field Trip
This is an all new program that is sure to be a big hit! There will be a lesson, derived from Cris Peterson’s award winning book “Seed Soil Sun; Earth’s Recipe for Food”. Students will learn about the miraculous process by which seed, soil, and sun combine with air and water to create nearly all the food we eat. We will discuss germination ,as well as, the parts of the plant that we eat. The lesson will be capped off with a fun, hands on activity. Each child will construct a “Living Necklace” of their own to take home or back to the classroom to observe as it grows!
Grade Level: K-5
Subjects: Reading in the content area, physical and life science, science, language, and creative arts
- Apply knowledge of the “Seed Soil Sun” lesson to the larger concept of agriculture
- Identify the parts of a plant that humans and animals use for food
- Learn what the term”germination” means and what is required for this process to occur
2017 Dates & Hours:
April 17 – End of school
Monday – Friday 9am – 2pm
$6.50 per student & $6.00 per adult
Teachers and bus drivers are free.
Parents, grandparents, chaperones, siblings, etc. pay full price.
- Entry into the farm
- Ride on the “Falcon Ridge Express” trackless train
- “Seed Soil Sun” Ag. in the Classroom Lesson
- “Living Necklace” project to take home
- Petting Zoo
- Picnic pavilion
- Farm Fresh Lunch- $5
- This includes a lunch with the option of hotdog or turkey sandwich with chips, drink, and a “farm fresh” cookie.
- *Orders must be placed one week in advance.
- Pony Rides-$3 per ride
- For the safety of our ponies, there is a 100lb. weight limit on all riders.
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you would like pony rides.
- Petting Zoo Feed- ¢25
- Children can bring quarters to buy feed for the petting zoo animals.
For more information, call (731) 658-5200 or contact us today.